Farewell to ink spot
1 . We were like squares in an art museum, and then we piled up on top of one another to stick to the wall, and it was like leapfrog, and also being in a washing machine, because the colors bled. And lines were ripples, because the only thing missing was the center, which had no inertia, even though it existed. Easy, easy, easy, the rest of life is easy in its ugliness. It will be okay.
2.I am plasma and my mother is an erythrocyte. My father works as a professional inflammatory lymphocyte, but even he can't stop my brother from latching onto her back. And so we still breathe, even me with my wish-wash of it all, we all hate each other so much that it turns into love when it comes out of our mouths, the way blueblood turns red when it's exposed to oxygen.
3 .
I am bad at this.
Out of muck I will blossom.
Glitter, glitter, poo.
Love you and miss you Jess
2.I am plasma and my mother is an erythrocyte. My father works as a professional inflammatory lymphocyte, but even he can't stop my brother from latching onto her back. And so we still breathe, even me with my wish-wash of it all, we all hate each other so much that it turns into love when it comes out of our mouths, the way blueblood turns red when it's exposed to oxygen.
3 .
I am bad at this.
Out of muck I will blossom.
Glitter, glitter, poo.
Love you and miss you Jess

1 Comments:
1. The squares were all angles and hard hard corners. It was impossible to imagine any softness there. But the floors were empty and the school children had left with their noses running, thick with snot, thick with mucus which was thick with contagions.
Soft waxy crayon bled all over the floor and the sky rumbled like a demolition derby. The dolls would not play here for fear of the black horizon and the dogs howled at the night that was too early.
I felt it only yesterday, like A major on my skin, strong and solid. Bouyant. But there were other mysteries to unfold and refold like n old blanket taken out for house guests and nothing else.
Post a Comment
<< Home