i'mpulse

i'mpulse started as a class project at ucsd and became a small group of writers collaborating/sharing. i'mpulse is about creating a writing community and cultivating a habit of writing. it is about making the practice of writing spontaneous and i'mpulsive and inescapable.

17 July 2006

a new take on "condemned to be free" (you know, Sartre)

I am a neurological circuitry with a central processing center that generates electrical impulses (i'mpulses), and that's about all anyone can say for certain about where free will comes from. Plus, mine's pretty goddamn fucked up, they say. And so I have freedom exploding out my eye sockets, I have spontaneity darting up and down my leg. I am so free I have to lie down just thinking about it, I have to close my eyes to think.
I am excrutiatingly exergonic.
I am beleaguered with being me.

1 Comments:

Blogger InkSpot said...

I was walking through a forest, my throat desiccated from decades of searching. The water of the lake had a blue color like tourqouise. Even though it seemed unnatural, as soon as I saw the water, I desired it. I had to drink it even though the blue was so unnatural.

As soon as it touched my lips, I recognized the taste of freedom. It was intoxicating, setting me spinning and rearranging the order of the universe.

I was drowning in it.
It was an unnatural color.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home