Prompt (do with it what you will)
I wrote this for a teaching class, but I know you guys, you can "beef it up". I promise I won't grade you. This exploits (great word) "intrapersonal" and "verbal/linguistic" intelligences as defined by Howard Gardner, but it's about cell structure. Maybe someone could write the play, the cast list maybe? -- Stacy
Pretend you are either a plant cell or an animal cell auditioning for a part in a play called Life. Write a paragraph that you would submit to a talent agent, telling:
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
What are your different parts? How are these different parts arranged inside of you? (You can draw a picture if you like.)
WHAT YOUR TALENTS ARE
What are your different functions (name two and the organelles involved in those two)? If you are an animal cell, where are you located in the body, and what makes you different than cells in other parts of the body? If you are a plant cell, what makes you different than an animal cell?
WHAT Life MEANS TO YOU
What is your role in Life? What part do you play?
Pretend you are either a plant cell or an animal cell auditioning for a part in a play called Life. Write a paragraph that you would submit to a talent agent, telling:
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
What are your different parts? How are these different parts arranged inside of you? (You can draw a picture if you like.)
WHAT YOUR TALENTS ARE
What are your different functions (name two and the organelles involved in those two)? If you are an animal cell, where are you located in the body, and what makes you different than cells in other parts of the body? If you are a plant cell, what makes you different than an animal cell?
WHAT Life MEANS TO YOU
What is your role in Life? What part do you play?

1 Comments:
070406 Prompt 2
I come from outside. It is impossible to remember when, but eons ago I floated through a vast sea and boarded others, ate their food in exchange for my rowing strength. It was a good trade. Fair.
I floated. The air trilled across my sky, it sank into the water and bonded. I boarded and rowed and ate until, at some point, I could not disembark from a boat I had boarded. I became trapped and ricocheted off the limitations. It became my home. The sea changed and grew structured. The air became breath. The food stayed. The rowing happened.
I am more, I am self-contained. I am the anticipation of the mother and I will be passed through the mother. She is the carrier of all things.
Step across my sky, come into the folds. I will dissolve you and transform you. I will refine you. I am pure energy. Do you feel that? That grip on your tendons, the electrical pulsing of your heart, the sliding leaps of neurons along the myelinated highways criss-crossing through your brain and spanning thousands of miles.
Because of me.
Post a Comment
<< Home