Red Eye Medusa

Luminous, luminescence, lure. I am. I am one big red eye, I am this
creature floating
ever floating
in this septic tank
in this bile ridden sea
in this
reflection of you.
Look into me, threadbare, transparent and gaping open like a wound with no blood. Look into me
if you had the courage,
the curiousity
to know something else.
What resemblance do I bare to my sister? Trying to understand why they call me this thing
leaves me in the crippling
contraction of digestion where there is nowhere to go
but
down.
I call myself
nothing. I am and want to be
floating in space and doing
what I do. Eating. Floating. Eating.
Producing.
I wish I could turn people to stone. I wish my red eyes flashed with terror-inducing fire, I wish--
But they do
induce something
closer to attraction, these red eyelets
to lure you in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home